Updated: 1 March 2014 for Patch 0.8.1744
Vehicles are one of the most accessible ways to get around the world of Firefall, and there are a range of different vehicles available to players. Not all of these will be available forever, though, so it’s worth learning more about which vehicles are available and how you get them.
The Firefall Vehicles Guide
There are a range of different LGVs, or Light Ground Vehicles, available in Firefall. These motorbikes fill the role of “player mounts” from other games, and you can get them from a number of different sources. The LGVs available are:
- Locust LGV: Grey/Silver. Reward for Commander-level Founders Pack during Closed Beta. No longer available.
- Vapor LGV: Orange. Received with purchase of $100 Red Bean pack during October/November 2013. No longer available.
- Vortex LGV: White/Red. Received with purchase of $100 Red Bean pack during December 2013/January 2014. No longer available.
- Zephyr LGV: Red/Purple. Received with purchase of $100 Red Bean pack during February 2013/March. Currently available.
- Omnidyne-M LGV: White/Black. Available indefinitely, from vending machine/marketplace.
- Cobra K-12: Grey/Green. Received as part of the ARES Starter Pack during Open Beta. No longer available.
- Cobra R-54: Purple/White. Available indefinitely, from vending machine/marketplace.
- Cobra LGV: Red/Black. Purchased from the Beta Crystite vendor. Still available if you have Beta Crystite.
- Cobra P-39: Blue/Grey. Assembled from parts purchased from vendors. Available indefinitely.
- Race Cobra: Brown. Acquired from El Terremoto in Sunken Harbor. Only usable at race terminals.
- Damaged Courier Cycle: Black/Grey. Sometimes acquired from Crashed LGV dynamic events. Single-use, disappears on logout.
Read on for more details about each bike.
The Omnidyne-M LGV is available from the Red Bean Lottery Terminals as a random reward on spins using Omnidyne-M tokens. A newly-won Omniyne-M LGV will come in “Packaged” form, and you must use the Package from your Rewards calldown menu to add the LGV to your Vehicles calldown menu. The packaged LGV can also be sold on the ARES Exchange (player marketplace) for crystite – once it’s been unpackaged you can no longer sell it, however.
(Note that this bike’s colouring has changed since its introduction; it was originally a pale grey-green but it seems to have been darkened in a recent patch.)
The Cobra R-54 LGV was originally available from Luau Larry, the vendor for Red Bean items. It cost 175.
It’s now available as a random reward from the Red Bean Lottery Terminals, using Accord tokens. A newly-won R-54 will come in “Packaged” form, and you must use the Package from your Rewards calldown menu to add the LGV to your Vehicles calldown menu. Like the Omnidyne-M LGV, the Packaged Cobra R-54 LGV can also be sold on the marketplace if it hasn’t been unpackaged yet.
The Cobra LGV is available from Ratchet, the Beta Crystite vendor. It’s still available, but can only be purchased if you still have Beta Crystite, which can no longer be acquired. (For more information about Beta Crystite, check out our Beta Crystite Guide.)
Cobra P-39 LGV
The Cobra P-39 is available indefinitely, but costs a substantial amount of in-game resources. You can assemble a Cobra P-39 at the nanoprinter (the schematic is in the ‘Vehicles’ category), from components purchased from Vehicle Component Vendors.
These vendors are available in all major cities when they’re powered up to Level 3. For more about this process, and maps of exactly where to find each vendor, check out our Powering Up the POIs Guide. You’ll need to visit all four cities, as each vendor only sells one component.
This table lists the components you’ll need, and where to find them.
|Component||Cost (CY)||City & Vendor|
|Cobra P-39 Keys||100||Any Crafting Component Vendor (all cities)|
|Metalloid Chassis||50,000||Sunken Harbor (Dynamo)|
|Microfusion Engine||50,000||Thump Dump (Jun)|
|Transverse Suspension||50,000||Trans-Hub (Blanca Gomes)|
|Tri-Axial Wheels||50,000||Copacabana (Lt Dwayne Tucker)|
Race Cobra LGV
The Race Cobra LGV is available indefinitely; you can get it from El Terremoto in Sunken Harbor. It’s a freebie for use in bike races. There’s a catch, though: although you can keep the bike forever, you can only call it down when you’re near a Race Terminal in one of the four major cities. Once you’re on the bike you can ride it wherever you like, but it only lasts for a few minutes – after El Terremoto thinks you’ve had enough time to complete the race, he’ll arcfold your Race LGV away. (And by ‘arcfold’ he actually means ‘blow it up underneath you’.) You can resummon it whenever you’re in a city, though.
Damaged Courier Cycle
The Damaged Courier Cycle is a potential reward for the Crashed LGV dynamic world event (for more on the Crashed LGV and World Events in general, see our New Player Guide). The Damaged Courier Cycle has several limitations: first, it’s a one-shot item, so once you dismount and it despawns you’ll have to get another; second, it’ll disappear if you log out. You can have multiple copies of this bike, but the UI doesn’t show you how many you have until you’ve run out.