The recent new content has brought a range of new titles for your character to show off their achievements. We’ve had a few requests for a titles guide, so without further ado here’s a look at Firefall’s player titles and where they come from.
Updated: 1 March 2014 for Patch 0.8.1744
How to Apply a Title
You can do this in the battleframe garage – on the top right there’s a dropdown menu listing all the titles you’ve earned. Select a title from the list, and everyone else will be able to see this title above your head in-game.
If you go to the preferences page for the forums, you can select the “Show Character Title” option which will display your in-game title under your name on the forums, too.
Titles come from a range of sources, and once you’ve unlocked a title it’s permanently available to you. Titles from Visual Kits and purchased from vendors usually give you a calldown item that you must use to unlock the title before it’s usable.
Battleframe Progression Titles
These titles are unlocked by maxing out your battleframes. Unlocking a frame’s constraints to 10 Mass, 10 Power and 10 CPU will unlock the title for that frame.
- Apex Predator (Tigerclaw)
- Apothecary (Dragonfly)
- Barricade (Mammoth)
- Bird of Prey (Raptor)
- Calamity (Accord Dreadnaught)
- Herald of Decay (Recluse)
- Interloper (Accord Recon)
- Laser Lancer (Rhino)
- Mad Scientist (Accord Biotech)
- Mobile Fortress (Bastion)
- Pyromaniac (Firecat)
- Skullbane (Nighthawk)
- Storm Rider (Electron)
- Vapor Trail (Accord Assault)
- War Smith (Accord Engineer)
- WMD (Arsenal)
With thanks to the Firefall forumgoers for helping us to compile this list!
These titles are all unlocked as part of the new set of Visual Kits. Each Visual Kit is themed to match a Holmgang team, and includes a warpaint, decal and title. For more about the matching warpaints, check out our new Warpaints Guide. The titles match the names of the Visual Kits:
- Barbary Lions
- Black Cats
- Blood Falcons
- Emerald Blades
- Holmgang Heroes
- Master Blaster
- Rampaging Raiders
- Stellar Ponies
- The Brood
- The Wave
There are several PvP titles you can purchase from Karkus Mern, the Battle Arena Vendor in Copacabana. The titles cost Battle Arena Vouchers (which were awarded for playing PvP matches), and are as follows:
- Rookie (1 voucher)
- Arbiter (25 vouchers)
- Field Marshal (75 vouchers)
Bundles & Packs
These titles are unlocked as part of a package purchase. Most of them are no longer available.
- Founder – unlocked for purchasing any Founder Pack during Closed Beta
- Ensign – unlocked with Ensign Founder Pack
- Lieutenant – unlocked with Lieutenant Founder Pack
- Commander – unlocked with Commander Founder Pack
- Beta Commando – unlocked with ARES Starter Pack
- Beta Warrior – unlocked with Operator Starter Pack
- Beta Trooper – unlocked with October 2013 Red Bean Bundles
- Beta Scout – unlocked with November 2013 Red Bean Bundles
- Beta Pilot – unlocked with December 2013 Red Bean Bundles
- Beta Raider – unlocked with January 2014 Red Bean Bundles
- Beta Explorer – unlocked with February 2014 Red Bean Bundles
- Beta Adventurer (Shows as Beta Vanguard until next patch) – unlocked with March 2014 Red Bean Bundles
Note that the Founder titles were cumulative with each pack level (so a Commander would get all four Founder Pack titles), but the Starter Pack titles were not.
- Beta Vanguard – also unlocked for playing in the Closed Beta
- Arc Runner – purchased from Mustang in Sunken Harbor for 2 Omnidyne-M Tokens
- The Gun Show – purchased from Mustang in Sunken Harbor for 3 Omnidyne-M Tokens
Arc Runner and The Gun Show were sold by Mustang as part of the Omnicon event in the last week of August 2013. He still sells these titles, but you can’t earn new Omnidyne-M tokens now the event is over.
Nice to have these all together in one place, there’s less of them than I thought there would be (I’m sure there’ll be plenty more added eventually).
I have a few Omnidyne tokens left over, maybe I’ll buy those last two titles after all! I just figured there’d be some other way to get those tokens in the future. They might continue that same event every time a new frame is introduced – which would be awesome!
Well, not every new frame will be from Omnidyne-M. I imagine Kisuton’s frames will have other launch events, though!
It’s weird how the Arsenal is from Omnidyne, though. Astrek is the one providing offensive frames, while ODM provides support frames. This is reinforced by that “interview” video with the CEOs of both companies, too.
I guess the Arsenal is a jack of all trades, kinda “fire support” frame, but still. No team-focused or defensive abilities at all.
That’s a good point! I hadn’t even thought of that.
There are some titels missing!
Never mind, game just got me trolled by assigning random titles to players in the map view… -.-
It does that! It’s pretty hilarious to see players running around on the map with “Mayer of Copacabana” or other highly unlikely titles under their name. I kind of wish it happened in game view as well as map view – if we’re going to have bugs, at least let them be amusing bugs!